Volume knob prob??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume knob prob??

ok i have a small prob with my 98 DK2, i think it may be the Volume pot.

everytime i play the sound will just cut out, if i tap on the volume knob the sound will come back on, i opened up the back and the wires all look ok, the knob is on tight. is it a bad pot or maybe just needs cleaning??? if needs cleaning how will i go about doing that..

any help would be greatfull...

Thanks Monster

You should probably just change the pot for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      You should probably just change the pot for a new one.

ok thanks. i figured i might have to wanted to make sure first...right now it has a 500k pot in there, any certian brand i should get , i have never had to replace a pot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
        ok thanks. i figured i might have to wanted to make sure first...right now it has a 500k pot in there, any certian brand i should get , i have never had to replace a pot yet.
        just go to the GC and ask for a 500k pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
          just go to the GC and ask for a 500k pot.
          ok thank you so much for the help and quick answers......

hopes someday iw ill eb able to answer and help some folks here as my know how gets up there...

Comment

I would try cleaning just for fun first. Do you have a soldering iron?, if not, buy a good one like a Weller, stay away from Radio shack brand soldering tools.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbilly
              Do you have a soldering iron?, if not, buy a good one like a Weller, stay away from Radio shack brand soldering tools.
              And get one with at least 25W of effect - the more the better. The lower effect irons aren't powerful enough to efficiently work with guitar pots.

Comment

Working...
              X