charvette info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvette info?

Hi im a friend of dana (guitarforceone) from the dean forum and i just got a charvette off ebay for 50 bucks ...Just wondering if you guys had any info on it SN is 000733

heres pics

Rich

Re: charvette info?

I don't know much about Charvettes except that most have plywood bodies and very cheap hardware, which makes them not too desirable to fans of real Charvels. The necks are pretty okay though, and I'd say
    $50 is not getting ripped, since you could probably part it out for more, even
    though the hardware isn't the best. You could also designate it as a beater guitar, but it's gonna have a dull, dead
    tone from the plywood body. If you parted it out you'd probably get:

Neck - $30
    Body - $30
    Pickups - $20
    Tuners - $15
    Bridge - $20
    Wiring
    Harness - $10
    Lock Nut - $10

Total -$135

This is optimistic, but high ballpark, I think. It's worth more as parts than as a guitar any way you slice it.

Sorry to be a partypooper, but welcome to the JCF anyway!

Lerxst
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I would say thats the 100 model if it has the vintage bridge and reverse headstock. I had the 150 model which was the sigle locking model and it was allways out of tune. Istill have the body I sold the neck for 100 euros thats about 110$.

Comment

Hey what's up Rich? Cool to see you over here. Seems there has been a lot of talk lately about Charvettes. You should be able to find some more info on some of these on some older threads down under this one. Good luck man.
        Dana <~~~

[ May 29, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: guitarforceone ]
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I recently got a Charvette for $75 US. It is the one with the paint splatter graphics. It has a H-S-S configuration and a Floyd copy system. Mine plays as well as the 1987 Kramer Pacer I used to own. The neck is also similar feeling. After a thorough cleaning and setup she plays very well and is a great backup guitar. For the price you cant go wrong.

Ric

Comment

Any idea as to age on my charvette?

Rich

Comment

Working...
            X