My model 6 just arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My model 6 just arrived!!!

finally after 2 weeks waiting it reached my house. The customs had it for a week before they allowed it to be shipped to me but whatever, it is here!!!

and the first impression is wow, looks great, great neck etc. even the floyd is not that bad as I expected (I am not going to replace it soon).

minor things: the previous owner abused it: the finish has many dings and even an worn area (at the back). So I am going to have it redone (probably black or indigo blue). Also the it needs to be refretted. Man, I have no idea how the previous owner was able to do play with it anymore. the frets are at last 1 mm lower in the middle part then on the outer parts [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . and the last thing is that I am somewhat disappointed in the PU's. they are cold without the midboost... so they are going to be replaced with hotrails, a single (don't know yet) and an evolution.

but... I already was prepared for that, so it is not a problem [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I was really pleasantly surprised by the construction! feels so well, looks great etc.

I am happy

Harrald

Re: My model 6 just arrived!!!

Awesome. Post pics when you get them.

Comment

Congrats!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

We need pics!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Are you going to get rid of the original controls and electronics? If so, I'd be interested in them.

Thanks,
      Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Congrats!

You'll love the Model 6, an awesome player.

I hope you got a really good deal, as a complete refret can cost almost as much as the axe. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

And to answer Micha.

A re-fret is just relacing the frets, they leave the fingerboard alone.

[ May 28, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Congratulations, Guitargeek! I know how you feel, having got one recently too!

AS for frets, you may well need a refret,
          but take it to your tech and ask to have them dressed. That's $75 versus $275, and if they're dressable you could get years out of it yet. The tech will speak
          up if he feels it needs a refret, since that's more money for him. If he's okay
          with dressing them, that's $200 you have now towards your refin or pickups! I actually like the pickup and midboost setup myself, but I know most don't. Maybe I'm just a cheapskate! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't remember Chris' ad mentioning the
          fretwear though; that's not too cool. $375 is a respectable price for that guitar, and he had it a good 6 months too
          so I'm sure he knew about it. I almost
          got that one but had a cash crunch that stopped me. Anyway, I know she'll do ya
          right! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            I actually like the pickup and midboost setup myself, but I know most don't. Maybe I'm just a cheapskate! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I must be one too because I love them. I've had many different pickups and these have their own sound and it's nice to have a little diversity in your sound. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

When I had my '87 Model 6, I loved the pickup sound and midboost. Middle pickups just don't really do much for me, plus they get in the way of my picking sometimes. Though, it was a sweet player, I loved the JT6 trem, loved the on/off switches for the pups, but the guitar was a also a little on the heavy side.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hmm, well I have a place where I can have it refretted for about $150,- but it is still to bad for me. I think it is somewhat unethical not to mention it, but whatever, I am glad with the guitar, and I have to take that for granted. I heared today the only one for sale in Holland costs €800,- that is almost $950!!! so, my price was not to bad.

and I can play it right now, but I really have some problems with stringbending and speedruns due to the frets [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

congrats man!!
                  how much did you pay, if I may ask?

@all;
                  and about refretting;
                  is the whole fretboard replaced then, or how does it work?
                  can you choose the inlays you want to have?
                  and does it feal equaly with the original?

I'm just a little curious about that... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

$150 is a great price for a refret IF the tech is good AND you're sure it's a REfret and not a fret dressing. I'd verify both very clearly before handing it to the shop. Good thing if you have a
                    good tech that works cheap, man!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X