Model 5 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 question

Rock maple through body neck, and poplar body. I don't think an oiled finish will look very good. It's a crapshoot, sometimes you can get lucky so if you planned on re-doing it anyway try it.

Dave->

[ May 27, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Model 5 question

Hmmm, o.k., maybe I'll just leave it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Any idea what the year is Dave?
    (serial # 0703066)

Comment

Anybody know how much a fire crackle refinish would cost if I wanted my model 4 repainted ?

Comment

Hello, check to see if the first digit is actually a "c" rather than a "0".. I believe the 7 as the first digit means its an '87.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Matt

Comment

Model 5 question

Hello folks....
          Does anyone know what type of wood (body and neck)the Model 5's are made of? I was thinking about stripping the finish and going for the oiled look, but first I wanted to know what the wood is. It's possibly basswood, and I know for sure that basswood doesn't look so hot in a natural finish. (at least to my tastes) Any help is appreciated! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Subvamp:
            Hmmm, o.k., maybe I'll just leave it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Any idea what the year is Dave?
            (serial # 0703066)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like Matt said above, the first actuall number in the serial number will tell you what year it is. It should be on the back of the heastock or on the last fretspace on the fretboard.

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yep, you guys are right, it's a "C" and not a "0", so I guess it is an '87. Man, this place is just the greatest for info! Thanks guys! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                Anybody know how much a fire crackle refinish would cost if I wanted my model 4 repainted ?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">About $350 with GMW, I THINK. Rodgigo posted a link to their website on another thread, and I went through and looked around, but I can't recall the thread and
                didn't save the link (I'm dumb!).

You could search the board under "Refinishing" or PM Rodrigo Eccheverri (sp) to ask him for the link, to be sure.
                I know for an extra $50 they'll reassemble the hardware, pickups and electronics, which is cheap if you're a tech-klutz like me!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X