Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a charvette compare to the charvel model guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a charvette compare to the charvel model guitars?

Just curious was looking at one along the way.

Re: Does a charvette compare to the charvel model guitars?

Not in any way, shape or form..........

Comment

Charvette = Plywood = flat,dead, heavy tone.

Unless you put EMG's in it

Then it'll still have a flat, dead, heavy tone.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Some of them did have solid wood bodies,
        but the hardware and pickups still suck.
        The necks are okay, if you were ever looking for just a project neck, but you'd have to take the logo off to avoid
        getting laughed at by Charvel fans.

Thing is, Model Series guitars run in the same price range, at least Model 2s do!
        The difference is absurd since one's $h1t
        and the other's awesome!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thank you guys .. i am slowly learning my charvel guitars.... may see more questions from me along the way ...trying to learn what ones are good and so on...thanks .

Comment

Well, be careful with a question like that. The Charvette 270 had a Jackson JT-6 trem, exactly the same one used in most floyd type Model guitars. It had a 24 fret maple neck with rosewood board too. And the body was made of solid poplar wood. The tuners were Charvel logoed Gotoh models. The electronics were the Charvel wound pickups, all used ceramic magnets. I'd say the upper level Charvettes were at least as good as the Model series guitars.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hmmm... a Charvette 270 as good as a Model 4 or 6...

Why.. that would make it as good as a 750...

And we know THAT couldn't be right... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

One guy saw Charvette with original floyd and he says that it was factory installed...

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Hmmmmm, that would be like putting a Dodge Hemi in a Yugo or a Pinto.....that is too funny....and some dumb kid probably bought it thinking he had something......some people are seriously crooked. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

2loud2old: Not fair to compare a passive pickup equipped Charvette bolt on to an active pickup eqipped Charvel neck through, now is it? However, put the same electronics as the Model 4 inside of a Charvette 270 and no one on this board could tell the difference. By the way, the Charvette 270 used a 24 3/4 inch scale neck, a pretty cool feature for a beginners guitar.

Comment

I see your point Charvel 750

But I just can't make the connection between Jackson/Charvel's bottom basement line and what I consider to be the best Imports to come from Jackson/Charvel

Although I can't honestly say I've had much experience with a Charvette 270,

I'm curious where you got the Poplar spec,

I've looked in the only Charvette Cat. I could find.

The other models I've seen in person ( around 3 or so) seemed more than a little cheap, and made plywood.

If the Charvette 270 is as good as you say it is, then its a shame it's saddled with such a poor reputation.

Comment

Some were plywood, but others I thought were alder. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe it was poplar instead.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its still Korean crap. Korean companies (like the Samick made Epis) will often claim they use mahoghany, but they actually use Nato which legally would be mahoghany, but its a **** quality version..........Just because they use a good species of wood, doesnt mean they are using instrument grade quality. The 270 is no where near the guitar a Model series Charvel is..........

Comment

Ok, since you guyz are the Charvette experts I'll take your words for it. You win, I shall now fall silent.

Comment

Working...
                              X