Rosewood question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosewood question

I am going to have a new guitar made for me and I am going to have a rosewood board on it (don't have any rosewood in the house) mahog body/maple top 2 hum floyd etc.
    Brazilian?, Indian?, Pau Ferro?, Cocobolo? Which one of these is the way to go?
    I generally don't like rosewood because to me it feels a little soft under my fingers, but I know nothing about all these different "strains" available. I have seen some very "rich" looking rosewood boards lately and I am curious as to what I've been looking at. I hear Brazilian is very hard , feels like ebony, which would be perfect. (I think)
    Any experts here on this stuff?
    thanks
    Nick
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/guita...ying-guide.php Fascinating read. If you want Brazilian Rosewood be prepared to pay for it and know the builder to make sure that's what you really get.
    Last edited by fett; 04-14-2006, 02:10 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yes brazilian is the way to go if you prefer a denser feel. like all wood it varies & depends on the cut. ive had & have some really nice brazilian boards. the colors on one piece can really vary from dark to orange. also not as much open pores as other varieties of RW. i believe cocobola is also a tighter grained wood, tho i could be wrong.
      Last edited by j2379; 04-16-2006, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X