Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification - experts needed

Hey!

I have bought a Charvel guitar, but I haven't been able to find any info on the serial number.
    Maybe you experts in here can help.

Serial number: 314786

I've got a couple of pics, which will probably make things a bit easier:

I hope you can help me.

- Casper

Re: Identification - experts needed

It`s look like lefty Charvel Predator...
    Year is probably 1993
    And, wow, it has same kahler floyd-type locking nut as on my Charvel Model 6!

Comment

Oh, cool, thanks.
      By the way - it's not a lefty [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just have a webcam with a reversed picture.

Concerning the kahler floyd locking nut - I've lost my vibrator arm [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Do you know where I can get a new one? And what is it called? The guitar shops in my city don't seem to know where I can buy one.

- Casper

[ May 22, 2003, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Makukuhama ]

Comment

It's likely a Model 3DR (Dinky Reverse) but your pictures are inverted! The headstock shot shows the Charvel logo wrong, so you're confusing those who look at it.

The vibrato (tremolo) arm is what you need. A vibrator is for pleasuring the privates, you dig?
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

that was also that made me wonder about it. The reversed logo. Well, mystery solved [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Yup 3DR. The Predator has the toothpaste logo. How deos that Paralel Axis trem bucker sound?
            Ahhh good ol' Blues Saracino.
            Gil

Comment

HA! You're all wrong!! It is an RD3... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(just kidding)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey Todd [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] oh and pull my finger [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                  Yup 3DR. The Predator has the toothpaste logo. How deos that Paralel Axis trem bucker sound?
                  Ahhh good ol' Blues Saracino.
                  Gil
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was wondering... what does Paralel Axis trem bucker mean??? It might sound good? I have no idea of what it is... I usually just play my guitar sp I don't know much about the "hardware" (sorry guys)...
                  - but I'm always ready to learn!!!

- Casper

Comment

Parallel Axis is the name for that particular pickup. There's two pole pieces for each string (parallel to each other), it's supposed to work better for Floyd-equipped guitars and have the pole piece spacing line up better under the strings. The PA Distortion version is very hot, kicks major ass!! The Blues Saranceno version has less output and is supposed to be more bluesy sounding.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X