Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Model A Plus opinions needed

New guy here.
    Want to know the good, bad and the ugly on a 2001 Model A Plus.
    Anyone own such a beast or played a while on one care to give me some feedback on this model?

Re: 2001 Model A Plus opinions needed

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I picked one of those up a while back. I like mine. I got a really good deal on it. I think the general retail price on them is around $1100 or so. I didn't pay anywhere near that. I haven't really encountered any bad or ugliness with it. They are really nice looking and playing guitars. I like the old-style headstock and the unfinished feel of the neck. On first glance, the middle and neck pick-ups look like single-coil but they are actually Lil' Screamin Demon hums which I like way better than the single-coil. Anyway, that's been my experience with it. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hyperfuzz -thanks for the welcome!

I can get this guitar for around $600.00 with hardshell case. Seems like a decent price.

I'm mainly a Strat/Tele player who wants to relive his youth a bit [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      I like the idea of a 'Super Strat' and I think the Charvel might fit the bill.
      Plus, I want a guitar that I can string up with low action and slinky strings and not feel guilty.

Comment

That's what I paid for mine. I thought that was a good price. It was brand new with the quilt top. So, I'm guessing mine would be a 2002 model. I could be wrong. I don't know exactly when it was made. The new Charvel line doesn't seem to be very common in my area as mine is the only one I have ever seen in real life. I haven't seen any of them in any of the shops and stores here in town. I got mine from way elsewhere.

I think you'll like it. If you snag it, you do realize, that over here, pictures are mandatory. You've been warned!

I know, I know, I haven't posted pictures of my collection yet. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new addition tomorrow.

MATT......IT BETTER NOT BE THAT ESP DEVILGIRL!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X