Can any of you ID this model for me:

What I know...
    Japanese(?), serial #352280
    Bolt on neck, 24 fret
    5 way switch, 1 volume control
    3 Charvel passive single coil pickups
    Floyd Rose by Schaller
    Toothpaste logo

Note the pickup configuration. I have never seen another one like it, and I have seen hundreds of Charvels.

Anybody? Thanks.

Re: Help ID my guitar

Charvel 275 Deluxe

INTRODUCED IN 1989, DISCONTINUED 1991
    MADE IN JAPAN
    3-J200 STACKED HUMBUCKERS
    1-VOLUME
    5 WAY SWITCH
    JT590 SCHALLER TREMOLO
    BASSWOOD BODY
    MAPLE NECK
    ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
    Occupy JCF

Comment

That's a Fusion Special. 24 frets and 24 3/4 neck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Johno ]

Comment

The pickups are definitely single coil.

Comment

Johno, my mistake. I didn't look at the number of frets...

jeff300 - the J200 STACKED HUMBUCKERS are single coil sized. the coils are stacked on top of one another.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Are you saying that the bridge and "middle" pickup combined act like a humbucker?

Because individually, I don't buy that any of them are humbuckers. They each only have 1 wire.

Comment

I'm guessing that is the case... I really have no experience with that type of pickup set-up.. I'm just going by what some info pages say.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Jeff300: they are humbuckers. You are confusing the definition of the term with the visual characterisics that normally represent the pickup. A humbucker is any pickup that does exactly that: buck the hum. It cancels out the 60 cycle hum that plagues a true single coil. This can be achieved in two ways. The first is to place another coil next to the pickup, creating a dual coil pickup. Or, the manufacturer can stack the coils, one on top of the other. This is beneficial because you still maintain the "single coil tone" but lose the 60 cycle hum. So, those Charvel pickups are single coil sized humbuckers. Nothing more, nothing less. They come stock with one hot wire and one ground wire, but if you know what you're doing, you can find the second wire. Remember, the Duncan 59 humbucker has only two wires: one hot, one ground. Pickups 101, read the book, bro!
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for the info y'all.

Now... If everyone is in agreement that my model is indeed a Fusion Special, can you point me to some reference that indicates as such? (Have pictures, reference notes, etc?)

I have seen Fusion models before, but they all said Fusion on the rod cover and/or headstock. Mine does not.

While I've never seen a "Special", all the others I've seen (Std, Custom, Pro) had different pickup configurations and a tone control.

Comment

I've never seen one with "Fusion" on the headstock. Seen some on the truss rod covers, as you say, but not all have that either. Apart from "Jackson", the only other thing mine says is "Professional". If you're in any doubt as to whether it's a Fusion, measure the scale length. All the Fusions were 24 3/4"
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Look at this:
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384

This is the same guitar I have. He says its a model 2.

Comment

Jeff, That's a 275 Deluxe. You've have got a Fusion Special. Check it out.
                        Go Here

Comment

the auction guitar isn't the same as yours, it only has 22 frets, and check out the wider pickup spacing. Plus it doesn't have the bevel on the lower horn like yours does. As Johno said, the auction guitar is a 275, yours is a Fusion
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn. You guys are good! I hadn't noticed those subtle differences.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi

I also have a Fusion Special. What do you want to know?

So far everybody has had the correct info, the only thing I can add is the 5 way switch works just like a stock Strat.

neck neck/middle middle middle/bridge bridge

I like my Model 3 and 4 better but it's still a damn good guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X