EMG 89/SA 18 volts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 89/SA 18 volts

I have a 7-up Green Charvel 275DLX with an 18v EMG system in it. I am running the 89 and the SA. For you EMG users out there.. if you have room for an additional 9v battery you should really consider running at 18v. Punchier, clearer and louder. 18v makes your current 9v system just sound all around better.

+1 to that...much better.

Comment

Sounds good, I'm using a 81/SA/SA how do you wire the xtra 9V .

Comment

Here are complete instructions. Basically you just wire the additional 9v battery in series.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mgollihur/emgmod.html

Comment

THANKS going to try it, always lookin for more power!!

Comment

Just put in another 9V battery, it really brought out the tone & cut all noise, there's always a lil noise w/EMGs but now it's 99% noiseless, THANKS!!!!!!!

Luckily there's plenty of room in a model 6 cavity now I have to figure a way to fit another battery in my Gibson SG 81/85 it's already can barely fit one 9V but somehow I'm going to fit one!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer
              Just put in another 9V battery, it really brought out the tone & cut all noise, there's always a lil noise w/EMGs but now it's 99% noiseless, THANKS!!!!!!!

Luckily there's plenty of room in a model 6 cavity now I have to figure a way to fit another battery in my Gibson SG 81/85 it's already can barely fit one 9V but somehow I'm going to fit one!!!!!!!!!!!

man you don't have anymore room! I saw a kit somewhere online for an external 18v system that was basically 2 9volts in a little case attatched to the strap. Google it if it sounds good for you.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X