Charvette by Charvel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette by Charvel questions

Yesterday I went to a local pawn shop and saw a paint splattered Charvette with the Jackson type head stock a Charvel H-S-S config and a floyd copy on her for $75 with case. I am going too get her Monday. She plays the same as a DX-10 I purchased a while back for $200. Is this a descent piece at this price or are they problematic and just throwing good money after bad? Also what kind of pickups usually came with them and are they better than say Duncan Designed?
    The guitar looks near identical to one on ebay right now. Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks.

Ric

[ May 18, 2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Re: Charvette by Charvel questions

That's a good deal for a Charvette with a case. Sure! They originally had Charvel logoed pickups which are on par with Duncan Designed models. You'll find that guitar to be most excellent and for the $, you can't go wrong.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think some of the Charvettes were plywood bodies, others were alder, if I remember correctly.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. She feels just as good as my DX10. I noticed the pickups are a little better and seem to have quite a bit more tone than the DD's in the DX10. I also like the neck feel which is similar to my DXMG more than the 10.
        She has descent sustain also but has a couple of minor fret buzzes. The truss rod does turn which is a definate sigh of releif as my DX10 had a froze up truss rod and I cannot get Jackson or FMIC too replace the defect. My loss I guess. But overall the Charvette is a good buy now that I have played her. Now too totally disassemble and clean her and she should be a great backup for my DXMG. Nice overall player to my surprise. Thanks
        for the info guys.

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          I think some of the Charvettes were plywood bodies, others were alder, if I remember correctly.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Most were plywood, with the woodscrew Floyd pivots instead of bushings and machine screws. For $75 with case you really can't go wrong though, even if it
          is plywood. The neck, hardware and case are worth more than that, and I have always heard that the necks are nice.

Comment

Working...
          X