Guitarfetish trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitarfetish trem

Anybody try these as a replacement for a JT-6?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/blflroflotrs.html

Good, bad, ugly?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Cheapest POS single Locking Floyd money can buy, just trying to be passed off as something cool ( i.e. a "fastloader")... that ad is total BS, these have been around for about 20 years now and are nowhere near as stable as even the CHeapest double locking floyd copy...

Manufacturer is Takeuchi, the same guys thet make the TRS trems abd the JT-580LP... Note also that those are the 2 "higest end" trems they make...

Comment

I thought that was a Takeuchi trem. Odd things is, I had an Ibanez some years ago that had a Takeuchi on it (double-locking, though), and it stayed in tune rather well. Maybe I got lucky and got a good one.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k
        I thought that was a Takeuchi trem. Odd things is, I had an Ibanez some years ago that had a Takeuchi on it (double-locking, though), and it stayed in tune rather well. Maybe I got lucky and got a good one.
        They do stay in tune well. The el-cheapo Ibanez TRS II trem stays in tune great. I had a single locking Takeuchi that also stayed in tune great. The problems are:

They don't last (due to crappy materials)
        They don't help your overall tone and sustain (due to crappy materials)
        They have a stiff and lifeless feel (due to crappy materials)

TO ALL YOU JCF'rs !!!!!!
        There are alot of things you can cheat on when building a guitar. A double locking trem is not one of them. Go for the best. PERIOD. OFR, Ibanez LoPro, high end Kahler, Steinberger etc....

Comment

Oh my dog, what a load of bullshit on that page!

"...this is the real deal-Genuine Licensed Floyd Rose quality..."

:ROTF:

Comment

Thanks for the info.
            I have a real worn out JT-6 and want to replace it w/o costing an arm and leg.
            Anybody have a suggestion for an inexpensive, quality trem?
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I agree 100% w/ what John said above. It's just not worth it to skimp on the trem. Best bet to cut costs is to keep an eye out for a used OFR or Schaller in good shape. I've gotten them for as little as $75.

Comment

I agree with the find an OFR Used...

but if you must have new:

http://stores.ebay.com/QualityPartQu...Q3amesstQQtZkm

This guy has trems that are the same as the JT-500 used on the Performer Series Jacksons. Schaller copies that are actually not bad in my experience.

Comment

Definitely avoid that POS. What you need is an OFR or if you can find a Schaller floyd, they are good too.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79

This guy has trems that are the same as the JT-500 used on the Performer Series Jacksons. Schaller copies that are actually not bad in my experience.
                    This appears to be a Mighty Mite, like the one I bought. I have yet to finish the installment, but it seems to be pretty solid. We'll see how the blade edges hold up, after some usage. I'm installing it on a non-route project, and it will be blocked for divebomb-only use, so that'll most likely limit my tuning woes a bit.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79

so would those floyds he has for sale fit a DK2??

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                        Definitely avoid that POS. What you need is an OFR or if you can find a Schaller floyd, they are good too.
                        +1. Getting a quality trem will pay in the end. Don't go for those cheap copies. I would much rather buy a used OFR in pieces than a cheap drop-in kit that will last for 6 months.

People will keep saying that the JT580LP's "aren't bad". Problem is, they aren't particularly good either. They will stay in tune as long as the knife edges hold up, but there will also be saddle slop, trem bar slop and fine tuner slop. No fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                          so would those floyds he has for sale fit a DK2??
                          Probably not without a bit of routing. They are basically Schaller Copies.

Comment

Working...
                          X