Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which model is this? See headstock photo & help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which model is this? See headstock photo & help!

Hi there. I asked this a few months ago and came up with a few answers but nothing 100%. I looked through all of the old catalogs which have Charvel Imports and I can't find this model. Some have a similar shape but a bit rounder, while others have the Charvel logo in a different format. Also this is obviously a Floyd Rose trem nut and not a Kahler, which eliminates some of the possibilities. I heard CX mentioned last time as a possibility.

I want to know because I want to try and find a body to match it up to and I'd like to know what they originally looked like - I don't mind hybrids, but in the same ballpark would be nice, right? Am I safe in getting practically any Charvel or Jackson body, or do certain models have differently-sized neck pockets? Will it work with any of the various "Model #" bolt-on neck models? And help would be GREATLY appreciated!

[ May 16, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: mjet260 ]

Re: Which model is this? See headstock photo & help!

Just mate it to any Charvel body that normally accepted a 25 1/2 inch scale neck. Your neck there is one of the different CX versions, they were popular around 1992 and were import versions of guitars with pickguards. Cool and uncommon.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Here's one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That neck is from the Charvel CSM series. I believe that they were in production from 1991-1992. There were different variatoins of the guitars (p/u configurations, trem choices ect.)
        I have a CSM-1G.
        http://community.webshots.com/photo/...36997808QQnbOl
        http://community.webshots.com/photo/...36956014YBIppw
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Seems like I've found my man with the CSM. Mine doesn't have a string tree (although it's got a Floyd nut so it's got the Floyd string guide - probably unique to that particular model) and there's no model number logo on the end but that could have been removed somehow.

But the shape is dead-on as is the Charvel logo. Everything else I found that was similar had a slightly different logo, which threw me off the trail.

Thanks, guys!

[ May 17, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: mjet260 ]

Comment

Hey guys. I am coming across quite a few Charvel and Jackson bodies of various eras/designs on eBay. Will a Dinky body fit this neck, or is there a difference in the neck pocket of 24-fret guitars?

I think that it'll not be a problem since the scale length is the same, but some might have slightly enlongated neck pockets or some other modification to deal with the longer fretboard overhang.

If there are any models in particular which are "odd birds" compared to the other CSM bodies, give me a heads-up, will you?

Comment

A dinky body is fine as long as the neck pocket is cut for a 22 fret neck. Other wise the scale length will be way off. ( the neck will be in the pocket to far). Any of the CSM or CX series aill work fine. Or even a PS1. Or any model series Charvel.
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              X