No announcement yet.

Replacement Predator Neck Availibilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Predator Neck Availibilty?

Hello folks, looking for some advice here.

I've spotted a Predator on auction at ebay and it has "slight damage to head" - from the pictures it looks like the guitar has taken a dive and the top of the headstock from the first tuning peg up has sheared clean off and been glued back in - that's totaly speculation by the way so I'm not looking to upset ayone here!

I'm consideirng getting into some bidding on the item but I'm only going to do so if I know I can pick up a new neck if I won the guitar and it came to that later on.

So, can anyone express an opinion/give me some info on the qavailibilty of replacement necks for a Charvel Predator?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Replacement Predator Neck Availibilty?

If you absolutely MUST have a Predator neck, you'll probably have a hard time finding one. However, any 22 fret neck from the Model Series will work. Those are pretty easy to come by. I had to replace a reverse headstock on a Model 88, and just used a regular Model series neck on it. Worked fine. The reverse headstock necks are harder to find.
    Dana <~~~

[ May 16, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: guitarforceone ]
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Cheers for the info, I'm geting emails all over the place!

Comment

I'd be sure to double check that info man -- Are you sure any "Model" neck would fit??
        I had a Model 4a body that I bought a 22 fret Predator neck for and it didn't fit correctly. The base of the neck was thicker I believe??

Comment

Well, I'll take your word for it. I could definitely be wrong about that. I'll revise my statement and just say that all the combinations I've tried using Model necks have interchanged just fine. However, I've never tried replacing a Predator neck, so I may have spoken out of turn. Sorry if this info was inaccurate.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead