Mono or Stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono or Stereo?

Does anyone know if the barrel input jack on a WRXT is mono or stereo?

unless it as active electronics or a pre-amp circuit or something like that, it's more than likely mono.
    -Rick

Comment

if it has stock pickups/dimarzios/seymour duncans it's mono. if it has active emgs it is stereo.

Originally posted by rjohnstone
      unless it as active electronics or a pre-amp circuit or something like that, it's more than likely mono.
      Really? So if you have Jackson pickups...let's say J90c + J80...you use a mono, but if you want to add a je1200/je1000/emg pa2 boost you must use a stereo?

Comment

if it has stock pickups/dimarzios/seymour duncans it's mono. if it has active emgs it is stereo.

Really? So if you have Jackson pickups...let's say J90c + J80...you use a mono, but if you want to add a je1200/je1000/emg pa2 boost you must use a stereo?

Comment

Comment

Well, since you asked nicely THREE times, I'll answer! A stereo jack is used whenever there is a battery used to power the active pickups (like EMGs), or active system (like the Jackson systems)...the reason for the stereo jack is to effectively switch off the battery whenever the the guitar cord is removed from the guitar.

A mono jack could be used with these systems, but the battery would always be in use whether the cord is in or out, so you'd burn thru batteries. Oh, and the guitar cord input is a mono one, not stereo. It needs to be a mono one cos you're completing the circuit with the stereo jack, turning on the system.

I'll be lucky if this posts once!
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

thanx for the reply. there were som problems with the board so this explains the triple post....

what about in case of a JE1000G or TG which has a boost switch - to turn on or off the boost?

Comment

Hmm, that's a good question. I think it depends on how the switch is placed in the circuit. If the toggle switch is placed in the battery portion of the circuit, then with the active system turned off, there should be no juice flowing. But if the switch places the entire active system into or out of the loop without touching the power supply, you'd still need a stereo jack to save the battery life when not in use. I *think* the system is set up the second way, but I don't have a JE-1000 to tinker with.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Pull it out and see how many solder points are on it.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                  X