Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Fusion...too thin! Anybody?

Hey folks...
    I was digging through the recesses of my guitar collection yesterday, and rediscovered a Charvel Fusion that I haven't touched in years. I sat down and played it for awhile, and it was just amazing...I couldn't believe this wasn't my main guitar...until I pluged it up. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Then I remembered: With the floating trem (even blocked) I always had a very thin sound with it...just missing a lot of low end. I remembered going through a million different pickups trying to get some "ass" back into it, but it always sounded much "thinner" than my other guitars, so it went into the pile. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Re: Charvel Fusion...too thin! Anybody?

Deleted so as not to offend. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 13, 2003, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Subvamp ]

Comment

I had a fusion for about 2 weeks. I found it to actually be very fat sounding. I liked it, but flipped it in order to buy another guitar.

I suspect maybe there are a lot of us who just don't have an answer for you.

Comment

I guess we should all respond whether we have an answer to your problem or not, just so you don't feel lonely.

Anyway, I'm off to find that thread about Hetfield's guitar. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

hmm, maybe time for an other amplifier [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Might as wel been the electronics, pots or wires, I should check that as well, so not just the PU's. If it sounds thin, I have te feeling that there is something wron with the tonepot.

Harrald

Comment

Maybe I should have made my question a little more broad: Has anybody had an issue with any of their C/J guitars with floating trems sounding a bit thin? Do you think it might just be that particular Schaller trem? I have Soloists that have floating trems that sound just fine, it's just this Fusion that doesn't sound very fat. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

GuitarGeek- You know, it just might be the wiring...I never gave that much thought! Whoever had it before me "gutted" it and rewired it. I didn't think that maybe they used a low quality wire. I think I'll just start from scratch and see if maybe that's what the issue is. Does anyone remember the address for that site that has a million different wiring diagrams?

Comment

my experiences with FR trems are only that they reduce sustain. But that is some sort of "fact". I have never compared 2 guitars that are exactly the same, but have different bridges.

but if the previous owner had it rewirded, I would check it out. If he had EMG's in it, the pots are changed to 250k pots, which are different from passive circuit pots (500k). what that does with your sound I don't know, but check it out! and let us know what it was!

Harrald

Comment

GuitarElectronics.com
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Ah, that's it. Thanks Nor! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                      If he had EMG's in it, the pots are changed to 250k pots, which are different from passive circuit pots (500k). what that does with your sound I don't know, but check it out! and let us know what it was!
                      Harrald
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EMGs have 25k pots, not 250k. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I suppose you already guessed that was a typingmistake [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

but anyway, you are right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

[ May 14, 2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Comment

Working...
                        X