Duncan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan question

I have a sey-1 DD neck pickup.I have seen posts somewhere about a pickup being seymourized. I assume this means Seymour made this particular pickup himself.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

My understanding is that "Seymourized" is a term that Is used by the duncan Marketing to describe pickups that Seymour had a totally different take on, for example teh "seymourized" mini humbuckers..

The original meaning is the Duncan distortion neck, which was originally called the "seymourizer".... the idea behind it (elaborated above) led to the term being used for marketing and the Pu being renamed the DD neck

At least this is my understanding, but asking Evan Skopp on the Duncan board would get a definite answer

Comment

Zerb is right. You have a Distortion neck, which was originally named the "Seymourizer." Seymour probably did not make the pickup himself. A few years ago, there would be a third letter after the DD denoting the name of the person who wound the pickup. With the new labeling system, I don't believe you can tell who wound the pickup.

Comment

All the sticker says is sey-1.I used this in the neck of my 92 fusion H-H and a DDG in the bridge.The DDG is 12.97 and the sey-1 is 11.89 but the sey-1 is a much ballsier pickup.They sound great together in the mahogony body.
        Lots of big tone out of the sey-1 and great crunch out of the DDG.It nails the whitesnake tone Sykes and Galley to the T
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X