Who would you guys recommend.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you guys recommend.....

For making a replacement neck for a DK1? I really need a 1 3/4" neck with more meat on it.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

warmoth

Comment

+1!

Comment

Is it a 22- or 24-fret? And does Warmoth make a 24-fret replacement neck? I know they were working on one, but I didn't think it was available yet.

Comment

Its a 22 and Warmoth does not make the correct pocket size yet. -Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo
            Is it a 22- or 24-fret? And does Warmoth make a 24-fret replacement neck? I know they were working on one, but I didn't think it was available yet.
            They do make a 24-fret replacement neck, but it's short scale. This was told to me in an email from Gregg at Warmoth last year.
            I don't think the regular 25.5" scale 24-fret replacement necks yet.

Eh, they still don't make the right pocket size for Jacksons yet anyway.
            Last edited by toejam; 04-08-2006, 08:20 PM.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

MusiKraft will make a neck with a 2-1/4" heel. They will do a 21, 22 or 24 fret neck.

Comment

ahh I forgot about the pocket size difference. Are you looking for a strat or an angled headstock? Musikraft would likely be my next choice.
                Last edited by charvelguy; 04-13-2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slash
                  MusiKraft will make a neck with a 2-1/4" heel. They will do a 21, 22 or 24 fret neck.
                  Exactly, AFAIK Musikraft is the only manufacturer that will make a neck to properly fit a USA Jackson pocket...

Comment

Well, I have e-mailed them several times with no response. Thats been about a week ago.-Lou

Comment

You can check for their stuff on eBay as well. I think they may even sell directly from the manufacturer so you'd be able to contact that way *if* you can find the user name and they are selling on eBay at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X