Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What model Charvel is this (pics included).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model Charvel is this (pics included).

I just bought this body assembly at a guitar show. The neck plate is serial number 238434.

Re: What model Charvel is this (pics included).

It's an '86 model 4.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Thanks! Now I have to decide if I want to bolt a neck on it or part it out.

Comment

You could bolt on a neck to see if you like the way it plays, but if you're thinking of max $ sales out of it, part it out. You'll get more $ IMO.

EDIT: BTW, I think it takes a 22 fret, 25.5" scale neck.

[ May 07, 2003, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: syrinx ]

Comment

Tis indeed a model 7. Lovely guitar! This is mine, or at least it's the same as mine.......

Does anyone else prefer the Kahler trem to the Floyd? or have I just opened a huge can of worms?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu:
            [QB] Tis indeed a model 7. Lovely guitar! This is mine, or at least it's the same as mine.......

/QB]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Umm ..dont mean to rain on your parade but that tis indeed a model 3 .... Model 7's were rare and were Tele's
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Umm ..dont mean to rain on your parade but that tis indeed a model 3 .... Model 7's were rare and were Tele's
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're quite right (sort of). Slip of the finger! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Its a model 4, but I did have a model 7 before my model 4. Beautiful it was. Black with white binding. Maple fingerboard and reverse headstock. Wish I still had it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

thought model 4's were bolton Sharkfin inlayed necks
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                  thought model 4's were bolton Sharkfin inlayed necks
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">'86= dots and Kahler
                  '87-'88 = fins and JT6

'86 M3 would be similar to the one pictured, except with a Kahler traditional trem and a 5-way switch. And I believe Black Cherry and Cobalt Blue were reserved for M4-6, but I'm going off memory and that was a long time ago.
                  Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
                  www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
                  [email protected]

Comment

Yup model 4. The model 3 had a 5 way switch and the M4 has the three on off switches and three knob. The third knob being the midrange boost which in this pic has been replaced by a splitter switch or something.
                    Gil

Comment

Working...
                    X