New Spray Guns Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spray Guns Arrived

Just got these Devilbiss HVLP guns in from Eastwood.
    I've used the larger one for acrylic urethane clearcoating already and it is outstanding. These babies move a lot of paint with minimum overspray. Very clean painting. The kit includes the touchup of "jam" gun. For the price, ($99) it's a really nice kit with the cleaning stuff, tools and case. Now, I won't loose anymore guns. They spray at 10psi at the tip (30 psi at the gun) and include, 3 tips, for spraying everything from thin Nitro up to a thick poly Gel coat.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

I gotta get one. It looks nice.

Comment

Are those the "Finishline" models made by devilbiss? How did the urethane atomize? Slick, or a lot of texture? Looks like a nice set for the bucks.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
        Are those the "Finishline" models made by devilbiss? How did the urethane atomize? Slick, or a lot of texture? Looks like a nice set for the bucks.
        Yes, the Finishline models made in Tiawan. The atomization was pretty good. I have just shot PPG OMNI clear so far. I'm still tweaking the settings. To give you an idea of the as shot "orange peel", I started wet sanding with 1200 grit. My next project coming up soon will be shot with PPG acrylic lacquer. So I'll post on the results there.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I use HVLP for everything but clear and metallic/pearl/candy bases. I shot some Omni through a $500.00 SATA (1.4) a friend of mine has, and it still wouldn't lay down as slick as my high pressure stuff. I really want to migrate to ALL HVLP guns but I guess it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks sometimes! Let us know how it does with lacquer, my bet is it'll do great.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X