Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA-2 installed with 25k push/pull pot

Hi all!
    I just wanted to share a mod I’ve done to my KE2. It has an EMG 81N and 85B that I installed as soon as I got it (thanks Matt), but I couldn’t find it in myself to drill a hole for the PA-2 so it’s just been laying around until tonight.

What I have done is replaced the stock tone control with a 25k push/pull pot (from Stewart-Macdonald’s) giving me a tone control with a switch(for the PA-2). I also removed the switch that’s soldered to the PA-2’s board and solder 3 wires from it to the new push/pull pot. I’ve attached a drawing of the connections.

Let me know what you guys think or if any of you have tried this before. Also let me know if I’ve made some mistakes. Thanks

http://www.z1n.com/images/pa2_to_tone_switch.gif

pretty clever! I was thinking about getting PA2 (or JE1000 if I could get it) too, but I didn't want to drill holes in my guitar. Thanx for the wiring diagram!

PS: How are the active EMGs sounding with boost? Any clips?

Comment

Pretty nice idea. I think that this is something I'll keep back in my noggin for later use.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Interesting. I've got a PA2 laying around I want to put in one of my guitars... I'm just not sure I want to drill any extra holes.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm also toying with the idea of changing the volume to a push/pull which would allow me to ease off the volume(like normal) and shut it off instantly(like pulling the cord in and out for that on off effect). Also I have the boost wired to both pickups but im going to wire it for just the 85B and see if I can get a different flavor out of it.

Originally posted by Nazgul
          PS: How are the active EMGs sounding with boost? Any clips?
          I don't have any clips but they sound great. The 85 in the bridge psoition def sounds better then the 81 imo. But adding the PA-2 to this setup is like adding hot sauce to a taco. It rocks.

Comment

Working...
          X