Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE1000 pot-strength question

hey there,
    alright, here's the plan; I have a JE1000 here, that's missing the blue little pot, that sets the amount of gain usually. I'm thinking about leaving it out and replacing it with some usual resistors instead, but I'm not sure about the amount of resistance there...
    someone know's how strong it needs to be?
    or would it be alright to put just a plain wire in there? my setting of preference is all the way up for the gain anyway...
    and from what I can tell having a look on my other copy, the left and middle feed of the pot have a direct onboard connection anyway, so just one side of the pot is in use really.
    measuring the pot, I mentioned that the resistance seems to get lower when I turn the pot clock-whise, so it should be about zero with all the gain up?
    am I right with that?

I don't really like measuring inside the circuit, since I learned the components use to cooperate with each other during the progress, and the results are not always relieable. on the other hand, I'd like to keep my soldering skills as un-used as possible on this thing, so I'd be really glad about your thoughts there.
    did anyone try this before? or uses an offboard pot for the gain adjustment?

thx and best regards///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

I would try to find someone that can measure the resistance of the pot fully turned clockwise and removed from the board. You may be able to measure it with it attached to the board. If you read a short then I would think a wire in place would be fine but if you read like 25k at max setting then you'll need to use a resistor. gl

Comment

I have a je1000 that I totally f'ed during my installation process that does have the blue box on it. If you want, you can have the whole je1000 board for free. Just need to pay shipping.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

thx a lot for your replies!
        z1n; it wouldn't make any sense if someone else would have to remove his pot from the board to measure it, just coz I'm afraid to do so myself...

joe; pm sent!!
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha
          thx a lot for your replies!
          z1n; it wouldn't make any sense if someone else would have to remove his pot from the board to measure it, just coz I'm afraid to do so myself...

joe; pm sent!!
          Yea that's true. I just thought someone might be willing to help you out.

Comment

Working...
          X