still have intonation issues on my RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still have intonation issues on my RR5

ok, so on my A string, I've moved the saddle ALL the way forward and ALL the way back just to get an idea of what i need to do to get this fucker to intonate, and regardless of where the saddle is, the string still tunes way too flat anywhere from the 5 to the 12 fret. I cant stand it!! wtf is wrong with this piece of junk?!!

im using DR 11 guage strings tuning 1 whole step down. every other string intonates perfectly.

Can you take the saddle off and turn it around to give you a little more room to adjust it forward?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This hasn't happened to me personally but I've seen some other threads where a bad string turned out to be the problem.

Comment

If your neck is straight, i bet you need to re-file your V-shaped slot at the nut, to have the string fret exactly at the edge of the beginning of the fretboard.

Messy explanation? I'm the master of incomprehensible advices
        Last edited by jackson1; 04-04-2006, 12:23 PM.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
          ok, so on my A string, I've moved the saddle ALL the way forward and ALL the way back just to get an idea of what i need to do to get this fucker to intonate, and regardless of where the saddle is, the string still tunes way too flat anywhere from the 5 to the 12 fret. I cant stand it!! wtf is wrong with this piece of junk?!!

im using DR 11 guage strings tuning 1 whole step down. every other string intonates perfectly.
          If every other string intonates ok, it's likely the string and not the guitar.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
            If every other string intonates ok, it's likely the string and not the guitar.

Pete
            +1
            DR's are hand wound strings... it's very possible you have a dead string.
            Very common... I notice it more with their acoustic strings.
            -Rick

Comment

thanks dudes. I'll just play the hell out of this one and slap on another set of DRs

Comment

You're only using new strings while intonating? I've had weird readings with old strings. Also, as nice as DR's are, I've had a couple with some strangeness, like the outer winding came loose or something.
                All that to say: I agree that it's probably the string.

Comment

Working...
                X