Pickup???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup???

Does anyone know what pickup Charvel put in their Model 2's? Through my rig, it actually sounds a bit better than my Jackson and that has a J-90C in it. I guess i'm too lazy to take the strings off and pull it just to find out. I know Jackson didn't always label or sticker the bottom of the pickups too so it may be difficult in telling what it is. I'm guessing either a J-90, 80 or 50.

Re: Pickup???

I think Charvel put J-90's, or J-90C's in Model 2's.

Comment

It's not a j-50 Sean. I think it sounded like a j-90 when I played it.

Comment

hey bro.... it comes with the j-90 pickup...have replaced mune and have the pickup in my drawer that came out of it. It didn't have too much power so i replaced it.

Comment

I also own a model 2 ....86 manufacture year

Comment

Mark, I suppose I could've asked you...wait a minute, I think I did. Anyway, thanks for the replies. All I know is I may have to make the Charvel my main since it sounds better than the Jackson with the J-90C.

Comment

All I need now is to have the neck done for a cut-in nut and an OFR and i'm set.

Comment

I have an '86 Model 2, when I replaced the pickup, it had a sticker on the underside stating: 'Model 2 pickup'. That's all it said...

Sean.

Comment

I removed that sticker.

Comment

Ok, I got off the couch and changed the strings and pulled the p/u. It has a sticker that says J-90C and another one that says Model 1 & 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X