Interchangealbe parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangealbe parts?

I am currently looking at putting a model 3 neck on a model 2 body. Will this be easy, or will I have to frankenstein it? From looking at the gallery pics, they both seem to have 22 fret 25.5" scale necks.

In other words, can I switch the parts, like I did with the letters in this topic? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 16, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Re: Interchangealbe parts?

Probably. You *MIGHT* have to fill in and redrill the holes for the neck bolts, but other than that it should be a straight drop-in.

Comment

Neck bolt holes are not a problem at all. If that's all it is, I'm gonna be sporting a Ace Custom Shop Charvel in no time!! Assembled in USA from Japanese parts!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

they should be totally interchangeble, at least from my experience with the import Charvel guitar logoed necks...I went from Model 1s to 3s and swapped rosewood for maple etc and never had a problem.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm with shawn. I've actually created a couple of new models out of swapping. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Model 2M
          Model 3AM
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
          X