Help me Identify this pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Identify this pickup

Ok I just swapped out some pups out of Doc Dryers parts mutt. This was a warmoth strat. He thought it was Duncan Distortion, that seems to not be the case the pickup is unlike most I have seen. Instead of the mounting screws holes being parallel to the backplate the little tags with the screw holes on either side go down about 2 inches from the humbucker, almost suspended (except inverted). Its also a vintage braid wire, not a 4 conductor. no name on the pickup, no name etched in the backplate, all I have is a sticker that say Patent Applied For, so its a PAF of some kind but if it was a Duncan it would have duncan on the backplate right? Anyone have any ideas at all? The pickup is also pretty heavily wax potted (to the point where the outside has alot of wax buildup). I have no camera to take pictures with..so all I can offer is this description.

post pics

Comment

I have no camera to take pictures with..so all I can offer is this description.
      Last edited by Chrisb; 04-01-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

He didn't have eyes to see with

Can you get a friend to take a pic of it?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe its an old gibson PAF. Sell it on ebay for $10,000. Pics would help a lot.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words......

Comment

Sounds like a Gibson 57 classic.Depending what the patent applied for sticker looks like.Font size, decal material etc.
              Pics plaese.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X