import? year? model? I don't know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import? year? model? I don't know

My cousin gave me this guitar about 5 years ago when he left the country and I have done little with it until now. I think it is an import and from '86 (judging by the serial number) but that is all the info I know about it.

I put some pictures on my website here to help:
    http://uweb.ucsb.edu/~rwk/guitar/

Re: import? year? model? I don\'t know

It's a Model 3

MIJ

Comment

yea, Hotrodder is right. And you're correct in assuming it's an '86. The Kahler trem was only used for that first year.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

yep..86 model 3...great guitars

lol Gary on your sig!
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I know the model 1 had the pickguard. I thought the model 3 was like the 4 without the active pickups, no pickguard...
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

The Model 3 originally came with a pickguard and H-S-S set up, before they changed it to 2 hums and no pickguard.

BTW, the Model 1 had one humbucker and a v-trem, the Model 1A had the pickguard and 3 single coils.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

So the 1 hum vtrem is a model 1, and the 1 hum lic. floyd is a model 2?

Comment

yup, that's right
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  The Model 3 originally came with a pickguard and H-S-S set up, before they changed it to 2 hums and no pickguard.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could also get the Model 3 with H/S/S no pickguard and H/H with pickguard.

Comment

The second guitar I ever bought was an 86 Model 3. Mine was red, though. Very nice instrument that turned me on to Jackson/Charvel.

Comment

83SanDimas...If SOME Model 1's came WITH a pickguard, NONE I've had did...Here's the skinny, and there ARE sub-models, so THIS is JUST a GENERAL idea...

BELOW is MY collection of Model Series Charvels...

From LEFT to RIGHT, and in ORDER pretty much in asending order of Model number...

Black Model 1...Strat type trem, rear routed, one hum - one volume and maple fretboard bolt on neck with dots...

TWO Model 2's...Jackson Floyd trem or Kahler Pro, rear routed, one hum - one volume snd rosewood fretboard bolt on neck with dots...

Model 3...Jackson Floyd trem or Kahler Pro, hum-sin-sin passives - one volume, one tone, 3-way blade switch {SOME had pickguards - SOME didn't} and rosewood bolt on neck with dots...

Model 4...Jackson Floyd trem or Kahler Pro, rear routed hum-sin-sin actives - one volume, one midboost, one tone, 3 mini toggles and rosewood bolt on neck with dots {SOME has sharkfins}...

Model 5...Jackson Floyd or Kahler Pro, rear routed 2 hums {some passive - some active, one volume, one tone and rosewood NECK THRU with dots...

Model 5A...SAME as regular Model 5, but rear routed one hum ONLY...

Model 5FX...SAME as Model 5A but rear routed one hum in bridge and one slanted single sized in neck...

Model 6...Kind of the FLAGSHIP...Jackson Floyd or Kahler Pro...SAME rear routed hum-sin-sin active setup and same controls as Model 4, but a rosewood BOUND neck and headstock with sharkfins...

Model 88...LIMITED production...African Ribbon Mahogany with tobacco sunburst finish...Jackson JT-6 Floyd trem...rear routed one SLANTED hum, one single volume and rosewood fretboard with NON-bound neck and REVERSE headstock and sharkfins...

HOPE this HELPS, and AS I SAID, there are LOTS of sub-models...This is just HAPPENS to BE WHAT I HAVE !!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 26, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:

Model 3...Jackson Floyd trem or Kahler Pro, hum-sin-sin passives - one volume, one tone, 3-way blade switch {SOME had pickguards - SOME didn't} and rosewood bolt on neck with dots...
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that should be 5 way switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Doc Dryer:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that should be 5 way switch. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are correct sir [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Doc

That is a great picture...

Kev

Comment

Working...
                            X