Old Fender Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fender Floyd

Ever see a Floyd like this? I sure haven't. It looks a lot like the locking trem on the current Deluxe Strat.

I had to remember there was a link there that wasn't showing up.

I've seen one like that on a brand new Fender a few years ago. It has the vintage vibe. Don't know how well it works compared to things like a Wilkinson, and you'd figure locking tuners would be good too.

Comment

Sucks ass compared to a Floyd for Divebombs, and sounds like crap compared to a Wilkinson or V-trem. Parts are hard to find as the trem (logically) wasn´t well received for those reasons. Setting the intonation is a huge PITA as well, more than on a Floyd IMO...

Seriously, IMO you´re better off with an American Standard Trem or Wilkinson. The trem is nothing other than an AM standard with locking saddles....

Comment

Fender is running something, same or similar, on their guitars, as of the last couple of years, in conjunction with locking tuners. I had last years Fender catalog, and one or two of them were outfitted with those trems.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

You´re kidding me?? You mean in the USA they´re STILL using these things?

Comment

Well, something very similar, anyway:

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0101592764

Comment

OMG... I think I just saw a pig fly past my window

Comment

Working...
              X