Would this be a bad Idea ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a bad Idea ?

So im pretty darn sure I want to join the charvel family with the purchase of a Charvel Model 6. Anyways, I had already planned on replacing the jackson electronics with EMG's. SA/SA/81 to be more specific. So anyways, this idea came across me and I wanted to run it by yall to see what you think.

I figure ide spend ~400 on a good model 6. But now there is a model 6 body on ebay I could probably get for im hoping about 250. Just missing pickups / trem / tuners. Now assuming I already have the pickups, and I just needed to buy the trem (~70 bucks i think) and the tuners (~30). Putting everything totaly knew at probably 450 total. Then ide probably end up paying what ? 150 for everything installed and an intonation ?

Does this should like a good idea ? Or am i being retarded and should I just buy a nice model 6 ?

Re: Would this be a bad Idea ?

You are not a retard! You are only looking into doing something that alot of us have done a few times ourselves. Look at it this way, you want a Charvel Model 6. You want to put EMG's in it. Buy the gutted Model 6 and add the EMG's, tuners and trem. There you have it. You would do the same thing if you bought one with all the electronics and hardware anyway. Alot of guys around here have put Origional Floyd Rose Tremelos in to replace the stock one and the same goes for pickups. I say go for it man.

Comment

Sounds to me like you already answered your own question. You obviously want to go with EMG's and like the post above me, I'd would upgrade the trem anyway. By the way, Model 6's are some of the best feeling/playing guitars out there. Yeah it's an import, but they're amazing!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Go for it!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

All the cool kids are doing it... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Do it NOW. God knows I've got brand new SL1 money in my Model 6 and I've still got the stock pickups. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] How did that happen? A trip to GMW. Yeah baby!
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X