Can't identify my Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't identify my Charvel

Hi. I've bought from a guy a Charvel that I cannot identify. It looks like a predator, but don't know exactly which model.

It has 22 frets, dot fretboards inlays, bolt-on neck, 1 humb, 1 slanted single coil, a 5 positions switch, it doesn't have the bolt-on heel cutaway and the Charvel "toothpaste" logo on the fretboard.

Is anybody able to tell me the value in $$ of this guitar if in "player" conditions?

Thanx.

Re: Can\'t identify my Charvel

3DR? Reverse headstock, right? I'm not too familiar with the Model models, but IIRC the 3DR came before the Predator?
    Then again, if it doesn 't have the Charvel logo on the head, it's probably not a Charvel.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sounds like a 3DR. You say it doesn't have the toothpaste logo, are you saying that it DOES have the guitar logo? If so, then yes, a 3DR it is.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

It has the Charvel toothpaste logo.
        Does 3DR mean something like "Dinky Reverse"?
        Is this guitar better or worse than a Prefator? Do you have any idea of the years of production? Does the Predator come after or before?

Thank you again.

Comment

I forgot: yes, it has reverse headstock.

Comment

That sounds like a Predator. The Model 3DR the other guys mentioned had the 'lil guitar' logo and preceded the Predator. When they changed to the toothpaste logo, they renamed and slightly tweaked that model.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes, the Charvel 3DR does signify dinky reverse. I believe it is known as the first dinky reverse.

[ April 10, 2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
              X