worth keeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worth keeping?

The other alternative, depending on the cost of re-fretting, is to buy another neck.

Re: worth keeping?

if i can get away with a fret dressing would this be worth it? unfortunatly i live in ireland so coming across a charvel neck wouldn't be so easy. ebayuk is no where near as good as ebayusa.

Comment

I'm not sure how the pricing is in Ireland on repair work but I would go to a few repair shops and ask around how much it would be to fix it. I love the model series and if a fret dress would fix it, then I would go for it.
      Good luck! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I had my Model 6 refretted about a year and a half ago. When I got it back, it was like being handed a brand new guitar. So I would say, if you absolutely love the way your Model 2 feels and sounds, a refret would definitely be worth it.

Comment

worth keeping?

Hi

I have a model 2 but i think it might need some new frets. The second fret especially has a fair size dent where the b string is. I suffer a good bit of fret buzz and after adjusting the truss rod I still can't get rid of it. Is it worth getting it refretted if needs be or would I be better off looking for an other guitar.

Cheers

Comment

then buy a neck from e-bay USA.... The shippping on it wont be that bad. Probably cheaper than fixing the neck you have now and the results will be guaranteed. I just did a search on ebay.com and found many. They seem to go for about US$50 and shipping to UK must be around $25. That means US$75 (plus any taxes) will get your baby back to live. Not bad...

Comment

Remember this phrase "Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater."

Some of us approach our guitars as children and as any parent would tell you, nothing is too good for their kids.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
              X