buying laquer in spray cans...where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying laquer in spray cans...where?

I called up Lowes, Wal-mart, Fender Mender, and Surplus city. They only have clear coat, black and primer in laquer.

Where can I get Silver, black, clear and primer laquer? We're planning on shooting my guitar with car paints, but the guy painting said he would rather do a burst out of cans on another guitar first, rather than have me spend a shit load of cash on car paints, and fuck it up (the guy has painted cars before, I don't know why he's worried, but he just said he doesn't want to fuck up my shit and cost me money, I figure it's the same principle as a car, just smaller...)

Anyway, I've found a cheap body to use, but I can't find laquer spray cans...which made me wonder more...where the hell is everyone else getting them?

Re: buying laquer in spray cans...where?

Go to your local auto parts store and look at Dupli Color. They have those colors in lacquer. And it's pretty good paint to. The cans say Enamel, or Lacquer on them.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Awesome. You know what though? I think I lucked out. Joe called his friend Bobby who paints cars. He has some black and some silver extra laying around, and Joe has a compatible clear coat in that two part shit. Joe has the gear to do the sparying, like I said, we were just going to bomb a project body to get an idea for the bursting. Figured it would be best to use the colors we were planning on using too.

Well anyway long story short, I went from going to use laquer car paint, to that two stage shit, for less than the laquer. I know specifically you cautioned about the safety precautions of this shit. Don't worry, they have all of the gear. No one will die or get retarded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the dupli-color though, I'll have to keep it in mind in case these colors fall through.

Comment

Here's a couple of online places for Krylon Acrilyc Lacquers, these paints can be sanded & polished/buffed.

http://www.toolup.com/DisplaySearch1...er+spray+paint

http://www.autobarn.net/krinsppa12oz.html

Comment

www.reranch.com

Comment

If you can get it done with your friend's auto paints, you will be way ahead of the game, quick cure polish and durable at the same time.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X