Neck swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck swap

I have a question. I just ordered a new neck for my Washburn N2. It should be arriving today or tomorrow. The heel has not been drilled. Is there any tricks to line up the neck to the body perfectly so I can mark where I need to predrill holes in the heel? I have done this many times before but I am just curious how you guys do it.
    What I have done in the past is use a clamp and 2 old strings. I would clamp the neck onto the body and string up the D and G strings. I would then line them up at equal distances from the fretmarkers and mark the holes.
    The new neck I am getting might not have traditional centered fretmarkers so I won't have anything to line it up with. Should I use the low and high E strings and line them up equally from the edge of the fretboard?
    Thanks guys!!

Re: Neck swap

I use the high and low E strings myself.
    I make sure they are properly aligned and then clamp it, mark it and then drill it. Never had any problems doing it that way.
    -Rick

Comment

Re: Neck swap

[ QUOTE ]
      I use the high and low E strings myself.
      I make sure they are properly aligned and then clamp it, mark it and then drill it. Never had any problems doing it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X