Import vs USA shapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import vs USA shapes

How different, if at all, are the import body shapes, neck pockets, pickup locations, etc etc, from the USA models.

EG: Is a "dinky" dual hum body able to be directly replaced with a Jackson bolt on "dinky"??
    --
    Regards,
    Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Re: Import vs USA shapes

I don't think there is a difference in import vs. USA body shapes/sizes, at least not to my knowledge. I believe it's just mostly hardware/electronics quality and pickups.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

To exand a little on my post, I have been asked to make a Jackson mahogany body with a flamed maple top for a guy, but i only have a charvel model here that i could use for the shape etc. I cant get the guys guitar, because he is on the other side of the world [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Once i have the templates i can start taking orders if there is enough interest.
      --
      Regards,
      Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

I think they might differ in Neck Radius...but only slightly. I remember seeing some different neck dimensions between the USA models and the Japanese imports.

That was a while ago now. In the 2001 or 2002 catalog. I can't remember which one it was.

Comment

Working...
        X