Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fair price for a Fusion Deluxe Rainbow Crackle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair price for a Fusion Deluxe Rainbow Crackle?

I only own Jacksons, but Charvels keep gettin' on my way... I dumped the 275, but one guy is selling me this Fusion Deluxe with the chainsaw case, the guitar is min very good condition, he switched the original picjups for Duncans.

What would be a fair price to pay for this babe?

He's shooting for $520

Thnks for your help guys.

Rodrigo

Facebook - Youtube

Re: Fair price for a Fusion Deluxe Rainbow Crackle?

I'm not sure if guitars are just higher priced in your country, ..nice guitar, but,.. 520.00 is way to much. If you're dead set on this guitar.. 300.00 tops. You don't see rainbow crackle deluxes everyday, but the asking price is to high and he'd probably be insulted at that offer.. which is on the high side of the market IMO.

You can buy a nice model 5fx which is similar to this only neck thru for in the neighborhood of 300-400.. with international shipping @ about a 105.00, you get a higher grade instrument and still have some left over for a Duncan of your choice.
    Hit the classifieds here... post what you're looking for, I'm sure even at some of the board members prices, you can still get a sweeter deal than this.
    Do you hit eBay and shop there?

[ March 25, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Thanks for the info. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The guy selling her keeps telling she's a USA Charvel. I'm pretty confident it's not, but just to be 100% sure, can any of you guys confirm it please.

I know i can get a better deal lurking around here, i bought Pat's EDS RR1 through this forum and it was a very satisfying deal. I was just asking coz' i'm no Charvel expert, and i've been looking to get one of those for a while.
      I don't like ebay though...

Thanx.

Rodrigo
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Consider it confirmed... It's an import. and it's WAY overpriced.

I just got a fusion on ebay for $210 shipped

Comment

I guess I have to agree with the others. $520 is way too high for that. It's nice but I wouldn't go over $300 as stated by "charvelguy".
          I guess it really depends on how much you like it, which is really the bottom line.
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's an import.. all toothpaste logos are considered imports MIJ.

This might have some issues with stripped plate where the screws that hold the bridge saddles on the G,B,E.. I would check the intonation carefully if you have hands on access..but unless the guy is flexible on price, I wouldn't even consider it. Be patient, wait and something else will come up. I know if you like this, you would love a 5fx.. I've been wanting one for awhile now. (so I'm probably biased) There was a crackle on Ebay that went for less than 300.00 a couple months back.

[ March 25, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Don't let the Fort Worth Texas neck plate fool ya. It's Japanese. Fort Worth is where AMIC is. ( the former owner of Jackson/Charvel till recently)
              If its USA mase. It will say it on the headstock most of the time. There are a few exceptions but more so thn not.
              Gil

Comment

In this case, more than being a Charvel, i'm going for her being a Fusion, i still regret selling my Jackson Fusion Plus, so i've been wanting another one since then...

I'll let you guys know how it goes... Thanx for the input. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ March 25, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Well, it's over.

Someone who obviously wanted the guitar really bad, paid the $520.

I wasn't going to pay that amount of money, so i guess i'll have to keep waiting for a Charvel... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I am really suprised.. that is a high price, even if it looked mint.

Here's one that Doc from JCF had up not to long ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

[ March 26, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

...and other than that one DING, it was a SWEETHEART !!!!...{I still have 2 other Fusion Deluxes and a Fusion Plus}...Actually, I've been CUTTING BACK the HERD on some duplicates lately...I'm down from the century mark to right at 90 + or - in my PERSONAL COLLECTION...I'd LOVE to let you fellow JCFers KNOW about them, but...ALAS...EVEN THOUGH they are my PERSONAL GUITARS, and NOT SHOP GUITARS...I am considered a DEALER on this Forum...

...and RULEZ IS RULEZ !!!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Doc, i saw that crackle you had up just days ago and i was very tempted [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] but it was gone in like... 6 hours or something... It was cool!
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                        X