Anyone have a 475 ad/specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a 475 ad/specs?

I just bought a 475 and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it.

Does anyone have an ad or specs on this model?

Thanks,
    Dave-o

Re: Anyone have a 475 ad/specs?

No ad or specs, but they are a H-S-S model with two tone and a vol. & 5 way switch. Probably a Schaller Floyd licensed trem, decent guitars. What were you wanting to learn about it?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Ok.. I posted this link for the 275.. 2+2=4.

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html

you can find the info on Charvels on this site. This is a pic from the 90-91 catalog. It's the white guitar third down from left, third down from top.

This is 25.5 scale. 5 way, I assume a vol, tone, tone.

[ March 19, 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

I was interested in the tremelo(Is it a Schaller?), fretboard radius, tuners, etc...

I bought it becuase the price seemed too good to pass up. But now I'm wondering if this is a quality guitar or not.

Comment

It's up to the condition.. I would say a 475 for 160.00 is a good deal but it depends on how stripped the hardware is, the fretwear, etc..
          Is it playable? what needs work.. how much will it take to make it playable?
          Did it come with case..etc?

I think these are 12 degree radius. (I may be wrong)
          If it says made in Germany on the floyd, it's a Schaller, which this model should have. The tuners are basically gotoh style.

Comment

It's not stripped at all. It's fully-functional. The headstock has a chip, but that doesn't bother me. (check link on my first post). It does come with a case.

The bridge pickup has been swapped out for a Duncan (seller doesn't know which one, so I'll take it out and check when I get the guitar.)

Thanks for the info. I'll look for the "Made in Germany" stamp on the Floyd.

Comment

Oops. I put the link on my other post...

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, thats the same one I had bookmarked to bid upon, I would've paid 160+ for it, no problem..but missed it. These are nice axes.. basically a model 4 w/ the sharktooth inlay, but without the active boost, but it does have the recessed neck pocket like the fusions and many of the other toothpaste imports have. I'd say good score, it's a good player for the money.

[ March 20, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Cool. Thanks Charvelguy. I'm hoping she'll be a solid player. Even though I didn't know anything about it, I figured I couldn't go wrong for 148 clams.

You were checking it out on eBay too, eh? I guess your loss is my gain--HA!

Seriously though, thanks to all for the info. I can't wait to get it. I've never had a Floyd, so this should be fun.

Comment

basically a model 4 w/ the sharktooth inlay,
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I have both and there is a serious definite difference in their feel. Although the 475 seemed to have taken the place of the Model 4 in the line during the changeover, it is a much better playing guitar to my hands.

I Play mine over my USAs quite often, and mostly onstage.

Non-Recessed in the Model 4 vs recessed in the 475 may be the diff in feel for me.

Both are cool. But, I prefer my 475.

[ March 20, 2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

si,...I concur.
                      You yourself state the model 4 sharktooth is the closest predecessor to the 475.. which was why I said.. basically a model 4.. the rest of that paragraph also states the recessed neck pocket being the reason why these are great players like many of the toothpastes with recessed pockets came to be..Predator over the model 3DR... etc..
                      or at least that is how I meant for it to come across.
                      You know what I means.
                      I'm still shopping for a 475 deluxe exotic.. haven't seen one in quite some time on ebay.

[ March 20, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Yep, and also (now that I'm thinking of it) the 475 neck is bound. That seems to really alter the left hand feel when wrapped around the neck also. The frets seem to be the same. But I think the binding would cause a difference in the feel.

AND, I sorta think that the neck profile has a slight difference too. The 475 seems to be a flatter backside not as deep. With the M4 being nore rounded and deeper. Possibly, I'm imagining that and I dont have a finger gauge to check it.

To me, the Model 4 just has a thicker and less flexible feeling about it.

Again, both are sweet pieces nonetheless.

Comment

Si, both are great players, but I'd prefer the 475 over a 4.
                          I like the bound necks as well..but just because they look more asthestically appealing..

(except for cheap LTD binding which is stark white plastic that would need to be in a smokers room for 5 years before it even starts to look somewhat aged) [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Cleveland Metal,

Maybe you can answer if 475s have a Schaller Floyd or a Licensed Floyd. Also, is the trem reliable?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X