Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel 750XL String-thru Converted to Floyd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 750XL String-thru Converted to Floyd...

I was looking on the net for kinda rate a used Charvel 750XL is going for, when I found this on www.jcguitars.com Never heard of this place before, but the string ferrules aren't that noticeable unless you have a good look, but it don't half look weird. Asking Price = $700. Worth it? Currently, I don't have the funds for it, but I wanna see if this kinda price is good, or bad.

In the last pic, thats a pretty nasty chip. Is it that bad?

Thanks for your input. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel 750XL String-thru Converted to Floyd...

I wouldn't pay $700 for one that's been modified. I paid $460 for a blue one and on Ebay completed items it shows a sunburst w/floyd for $545 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384 and a dead mint red one w/floyd for $699 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044
    They seem to be going on ebay recently for $500 to $700 based on condition.

Comment

Before we started posted the 750's up again .. a couple months ago one went for 350.00, a cherry sunburst with no issues. IF I had seen that sooner.. I would've snagged it for sure. Any price around 400-450 for orginal floyd in good condition is a fair price as they'll be exceeding 500.00 pretty soon.

Comment

i dealt with the guy from jcguitars before.
        i think his prices are kind of high, but he does deliver as promised.

Comment

justin is a good guy, and while his prices may be a bit high, he's good to deal with. he actually prefers trades in most cases, and if you do a trade deal, you'll usually come out a bit better than if you biught something outright. i would say though, that is too much money for a modded guitar like that.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Dude, buy that and give me one of the top string eyelets for the one I'm missing on my Dinky that I can't seem to find anywhere! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

IF..it was restorable..and the instruments value was going for 1000+.. yes, (and it would be with alot of bucks and work to restore unless you do that type of thing) but at this point.. I'd just wait for one with a floyd to come up again on eBay unless your looking for a string thru, then you're gonna have a wait. Like Sully said.. it ain't worth the asking price with a mod like that even tho it looks pro.
              Yes.. the chip is a point degrader. If I were to rate this thing in points.. mod=a couple off, the chip,dings=another point. I'd give it a 7, 7.5 out of possible 10.

[ March 20, 2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

I've dealt with Justin at JCGuitars.com several times and he's always done me right.
                I've only done trade deals with him - which he does great with, but the prices on his site are WAY too high.
                I've got 2 750XLs with Floyds, neither I gave half that much for and they are in WAY better condition. <Sorry, they aren't for sale -- unless you want to give me the $7 bills!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] >
                If you are patient, you'll see them pop up on eBay now and then and they go for reasonable prices - way less than $700.
                There was a MINT trans red one around for $600 a little while back that I sure wish I would have picked up, but I hesitated and lost out.
                At any rate - Justin is great to deal with, but TRADE!!! I personally wouldn't get more than $400 into that modded 750xl, they could be found in better condition for equal money if you are patient and have a good eye.

Comment

I was the one who picked up that mint trans red one on ebay.The price was steep,but after I got the guitar I was extremely happy.I can not find a single blemish anywhere,the guitar looks as if it was never played,basically like buying it new.I will always keep this one.Otherwise,I would have to say $350-$550 depending is a fair price.

Comment

I cannot believe that someone would do that to a guitar lik that. I would gladly swap my floyded 750 for a string thru anyday. the extra sustain from a stringthru just cant be beaten, and i like bolt ons for floyds better personally.

Comment

There is no difference in sustain on that model with string through or trem. I've owned a few of each and can say that with assurance. NO DIFFERENCE in case my point was missed.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Really? there you go, ive never played a stringthru 750xl, there arent a whole lot of charvels in Australia. I was just going off most of the guitars i HAVE played

Comment

I like the Charvel 750s, but I *love* the Jackson Archtop Pro soloists. The Charvels are a lot thicker and seem to weigh quite a bit more. Plus I just dig the abalone Jackson logo, what can I say? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Pete, it's actually mother of pearl, although the AT Limited Edition of 1991 was indeed genuine abalone.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I get em mixed up - I meant MOP, or actually a hair-thick MOP decal [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] still looks cool, imho.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X