X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just buy?

New guy back again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

Bought this on eBay for $158. I don't even know what it is--475 maybe? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Did I get a good deal? Is it a good guitar?

I'd appreciate as much info on this model as possible.

Thanks,
    Dave-o

Re: What did I just buy?

What you've got there is a 475 and a very good deal! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Good to know! Thanks, Joho.

Do you know anything about it?...cause I sure don't [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] What kind of tremelo, wood etc, quality, controls etc.?

Comment

Tremolo looks like the Schaller/Jackson floyd.. I believe the JT-500?

I'm not sure of the body wood though...

Sweet score.. Good low price..
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Nice [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Fine guitar for an even better price! That guitar originally had active circuitry (JE-1200 mid boost). Yes, as said above, Schaller JT-590 trem. Body wood was poplar. Neck was maple with a rosewood board. They were $699 new in 1989, the first year of production for them. They replaced the classic Charvel Model 4.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hmmm that one is dinged up a bit, but yeah great price. I had one just like it for a long time, just recently sold it (for a bit more than $160) but it was MINT.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Got my 475 today.

She's a little rough, but I took her apart and cleaned her up. Frankly, she sounded terrible. It has a Duncan 59 in the bridge (a good pickup to say the least) but the wiring is a mess. I can't tell what was done how many times. I'm going to completely gut and rewire it with an EMG 81.

Wouldn't stay in tune either. imagine my surprise when I took off the truss rod cover and found the nut about 1/4" from being seated.

Bottom line: Cosmetically she cleaned up nicely and I can fix her up for about $10 (pots, bridge pickup ring and I already have the EMG 81). But it will take some elbow grease. Good news it that she does have Schaller Floyd.
                [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-o

Comment

Got my 475 today.

She's a little rough, but I took her apart and cleaned her up. Frankly, she sounded terrible. It has a Duncan 59 in the bridge (a good pickup to say the least) but the wiring is a mess. I can't tell what was done how many times. I'm going to completely gut and rewire it with an EMG 81.

Wouldn't stay in tune either. imagine my surprise when I took off the truss rod cover and found the nut about 1/4" from being seated.

Bottom line: Cosmetically she cleaned up nicely and I can fix her up for about $10 (pots, bridge pickup ring and I already have the EMG 81). But it will take some elbow grease. Good news it that she does have Schaller Floyd.
                  [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-o

Comment

Very nice matey.
                    Ive got a 650XL like that and its one of my favourite colours. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    (and I got it for £200 ($280) HAHA!
                    Lol sorry. I just have to say that to rub it in whenever I mention it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    Looks like me and you have some cheap Charvels!

Jamesy

Comment

Hey Jamesy, I think i got a better deal then you did on your 650XL. I got mine at a guitar center last year for $265.00! I'm not kidding either! It was all original and in awesome shape too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I did get a mint 475 with plastic wrap still on the cavity covers, from GC for $215. I thought that was good... Man I like that guitar...

Comment

DAMN! John you beat me! Hehe. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          But I am in the UK where guitar prices are terrible (US Selects start at £1800/$2520)
                          Great guitars though arent they? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
                          X