My Floyd is totally blocked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Floyd is totally blocked.

That $475 V I bought has the Floyd frozen. There is a 2 inch square block on the bottom and the top is stuffed up as well. Why would he do that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: My Floyd is totally blocked.

um, cause he didn't want it to MOVE? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

I was thinking more of structural damage, Wise Guy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I want to remove the blocks, but I'm afraid. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't be scared. Remove 'em. Chances are, he put them there because he couldn't figure out how to get/keep it in tune.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Don't be scared. Remove 'em. Chances are, he put them there because he couldn't figure out how to get/keep it in tune.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's what I was thinking. I'll remove them and then spend days wondering why I did it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's what I was thinking. I'll remove them and then spend days wondering why I did it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be afraid.... be very afraid.

Comment

Now you did it!!!!! Stay tuned? I'll do it now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Now you did it!!!!! Stay tuned? I'll do it now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] You can dooooo it!
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Post pics... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                  -Rick

Comment

fett, all you need to remove that block, is a welding apparatus, a chisel, and another guitar to hit the chisel. Or another chisel to hit the first chisel.

Can't wait! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

A couple of strategically placed charges would work, as well.

Comment

I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF!!!!! I retreated to my bedroom, natural light. The big block was screwed and came right out. I think his problem was the trem kept rising on him. There were two thin springs on the trem. I added a beefier spring in the middle and that appears to do the trick. I'm not going to mention that it took me 30 minutes to figure out there was a string piece in the big E block. I will intone it later. Now, the tar will play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

People do the strangest things with their instruments sometimes! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

-a

Comment

i would like to completely block the floyd on my kelly. sometimes people just get sick of floyds, and prefer the feel of a stronger tighter instrument

Comment

Springs is the things. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X