lifespan of a caseless guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifespan of a caseless guitar?

i've now gone through 2 jcc917 cases for my warrior, both were not properly moulded. there are parts on the top not cut out and the neck rest is shaped like a "3", propping up the neck join of the guitar so it won't sit flat. i've had this guitar without a case for approx 6 months and the fretboard is starting to look like it's getting grey. i've only ever taken this guitar out once and that was when i bought it. it's never left my room since. should i still use my credit note and try for a third attempt to get a quality case, or am i just being paranoid?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: lifespan of a caseless guitar?

PARANOID

Comment

I'd suggest using your credit to purchase another case.
      Paranoid? Maybe, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

JMO

Comment

If it's not leaving your room, no need for a case. My Fender Strat hasn't seen its case in two years... it sits on the stand in my bedroom, gets dusted off once in awhile, board gets oiled once in awhile, strings changed, and the truss rod gets a tweak once or twice a year due to the climate change.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree, because I have to. Really, a case is for protection and transporting.I have let guitars lie around naked, as it were, and as long as you do what "toe" says it's cool. Just don't trip over them and get a "toejam" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

what kind of oil can i use? i normally resort to just your average "guitar cleaning fluid/spray". one shop uses lemon juice. what's with this?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lemon juice is for food... don't use that. Lemon oil is a cleaner/conditioner for wood and can be found in your local supermarket near the furniture polish. Or you could try and find some linseed oil at your local hardware store. Hell, Jackson's old owner's manual recommended a light coat of Vaseline on the board. Anything with mineral oil is fine, like baby oil. Even 10W30 or 10W40 motor oil is fine; I'm totally serious.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X