Model 3dr OFR swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3dr OFR swap

Hey guys I was wondering if I could change the JT-6(which is recessed in the 3DR) to a OFR without cutting into the body?

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Model 3dr OFR swap

Yup. Swap away. Nice 3DR. The necks on those are perfect. Still miss mine.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

This is the 2nd one I've done. My first one is a firecrackle like yours. Like Soloist1 said, swap away, no routing needed. People have differing opinions on whether the posts need to be changed or not.

Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks dude [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] So there no probs with the screw lenght of the OFR?

Tekky I see that your 3DR hasn't got a recess? From the first pic that I received from the seller I though I saw a recess?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          This is the 2nd one I've done. My first one is a firecrackle like yours. Like Soloist1 said, swap away, no routing needed. People have differing opinions on whether the posts need to be changed or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the one you got from me wasn't it? I don't remember that pup ring.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

My firecrackle 3DR was done simply by cutting away a little wood so that the floyd would clear and it's a done deal after that.

From what I was told from my luthier, the "PROPER" way to do this is to remove the JT6 posts, plug those holes and re-drill Floyd studs.

I haven't really used the bar that much to dive bomb...but it looks killer and I think it helped the tone(I've never liked JT-6's).

Comment

Working...
            X