RR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR project

I just got the body for an RR project i am working on. It is a rear loaded single volume bodyit has RR4 stamped in the neck pocket, a cheapo plastic input jack bezel, an unknown jackson floyd. Do you guys forsee any complications for my project. I plan on doing something very similar to the one in the "Fun with Bondo" Thread. (OFR, DK2 neck, one hum). Will the trem routing on this body accomadate an OFR? I believe it is from an RX10D. Thanks guys, wish me luck. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: RR project

Yup, it's from an RX10, or an RX10D. The trem looks like a JT-580, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think an OFR will fit in there, but you may get problems if you downtune a lot and intonate accordingly (may cause the lock screws to protrude past the route). If that happens, you could probably take the lock screws to a tech to have them shortened a bit.

You may also run into problems if you plan to replace the trem post bushings in the guitar. The OFR posts have other threads, and their mounting studs are a little thicker than the Jackson studs, so you may have to drill the holes out a little for the OFR ones.

Comment

Have fun! It'll be worth it!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Yup, it's from an RX10, or an RX10D. The trem looks like a JT-580, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think an OFR will fit in there, but you may get problems if you downtune a lot and intonate accordingly (may cause the lock screws to protrude past the route). If that happens, you could probably take the lock screws to a tech to have them shortened a bit.

You may also run into problems if you plan to replace the trem post bushings in the guitar. The OFR posts have other threads, and their mounting studs are a little thicker than the Jackson studs, so you may have to drill the holes out a little for the OFR ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to the bridge faq, thats the takeuchi jt-580, and the old studs are useable and only limit your dives by "0.01%" of the way down. i doubt you couldn't just straight up retrofit.

Comment

yep, it looks like my RX10D. But keep in mind that 24fret neck won't intonate properly, if the guitar was meant for 22fret neck (rx10d has a 22fret neck)! The trem doesn't look like a JT580 to me. JT580 has a shorter screws for locking strings.

Comment

No, a JT-580 looks just about like that. I had a black one in a Rhoads EX. Not to be confused with the JT-580LP (low profile), which has the short locking screws on top. And if you look in the Fun with Bondo thread, you will see how he's going to make it intonate properly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

wow was i ignored or something? its tyhe JT-580 TAKEUCHI.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                No, a JT-580 looks just about like that. I had a black one in a Rhoads EX. Not to be confused with the JT-580LP (low profile), which has the short locking screws on top. And if you look in the Fun with Bondo thread, you will see how he's going to make it intonate properly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I didn't know there was JT580 too, I thought only JT580LP existed, I just didn't add LP to the JT580.

Comment

Working...
                X