Just bought another charvel / questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought another charvel / questions

I just bought a model series charvel and I don't know which one it is. It was sold as a Model 3 but I'm pretty sure it isn't. It is metallic red color, maple board, passive pups (hss), and it has a standard looking tremelo. Maybe a model 1?
    Also, what year is it? Where can a get a replacent wammy bar for it? (didn't come with one)

Re: Just bought another charvel / questions

Didn't the model 1 come with a single hum at the bridge? Post some pics if you can!

Comment

Sorry, I have no way of getting the pics on the net. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

hey people! not to rehash the same old story but... i got a charvel "by jackson" 24 fret, dotted, neck- thru #C602903, guitar logo, kahler,two "jackson" dbl coils,3 knobs,5-way switch,active elec,"jackson" printed on tuners, no binding on neck or headstock, no chrome, and,most importantly, no paperwork to I.D. which knobs control what and which positions are what on the 5-way, let alone troubleshoot or repair the "active electronics" that dont seem to work. Isn't one of the pots supposed to pull-on? it came in a "charvel by j/c" tweed case,yellow/brown. please help. gotta know! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you check the battery? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Miles

You have a model 5. The last nob is mid range boost, and as previously suggested, try changing the 9 volt and see how it sounds. I have the same guitar, I believe the 5 way splits the hums like single, double, all, single-bridge, double-bridge. I am not sure so sure though, as I have no docs either.

Kevin
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Hey Journeyman...

Maple board, H/S/S, & vintage trem = Model 1-C.

Comment

Thanks man! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X