Another Charvel.. Fusion Special this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Charvel.. Fusion Special this time

Ok even with a $50 shipping I couldn't resist grabbing it for $160.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2514954222

Now what do those 2 Single coils in the bridge position sound like? Anyone have one?

Re: Another Charvel.. Fusion Special this time

I have one, the price is was ok for one. He put the bait for 160.00 and reeled in more on the ship but you know that..but you can find them for under 200.00. I wouldn't think of it as exceptionally "rare". (really do not like the way that word gets misused on eBay)
    In fact there was a guy a few months back on eBay that couldn't sell his and kept relisting.. 'course he finally figured out he didnt have a custom shop and it was a Fusion special. He went 600.00 down to 200.00 and was tossing in a Vox V810 distortion boost as well.

The output on those single coils are about medium..I don't know the ohms as I haven't measured them but they're not exceptionally hot. The voicing is pleasant tho as they're not a bad sounding pickup, pretty smooth. You can get alot of sounds wthout having a tone just by using the 5 way.

[ March 10, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Yea I figured if I tell myself that the shipping cost was $30 I paid $180 for it. Anytime I can get a Charvel for under $200... Color me happy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the pickup info. It sounds like what I thought they might sound like.

BTW anyone notice that it seems like the prices for imported Charvels are going up a bit? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Where there's a buck to be made.. It's to be exploited on eBay. I think the prices will go up, it does seem as tho they are going up pretty consistant. People might sell and saturate the market for bit.. then up/down... eventually I think the MIJ Jackson/Charvel will be even more collectable, I do believe that, of course anything over 20 years old is getting to that market.

Comment

Nice guitar, Hotrodder. Congrats [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

yeah, given the pics quality it still looks really clean. If the trem is like mine, the ball ends still stay on and you thread them thru the floyd.. it's single locking. This model fusion also doesnt have a recessed neck pocket, but it's still a nice playing guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X