Model 4 Trem Arm Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Trem Arm Question

I picked up my second Model 4 recently but it's missing the trem arm. It's the JT-6 type trem and it appears that the arm should be a push-in type; if so, what replacement arm would fit the socket? I've checked Stew Mac and Allparts but I couldn't find any mention of JT-6 compatibility so any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

Re: Model 4 Trem Arm Question

The Ibanez pop in style arm will fit it like a glove. But many prefer to modify the JT-6 to the more convenient "collared" arm. Stewmac sells them complete with everything you need to convert the JT-6.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
      The Ibanez pop in style arm will fit it like a glove. But many prefer to modify the JT-6 to the more convenient "collared" arm. Stewmac sells them complete with everything you need to convert the JT-6.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi, could you post the link to the web page with this item... I can't find it on the sight.
      Thanks

Comment

As USUAL, Joe is CORRECT-A-MUNDO !!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ...The Ibanez arms pop RIGHT in, and AllParts CANNOT carry them - because Ibeenhad WON'T allow them to be marketed as a generic {per my AllParts rep}...I convert ALL of my PERSONAL JT-6s to collared bars, as I find the Ibanez bars have a LITTLE SLOP in them, and I'm PRETTY ANAL about that...I found a little trick with them to keep them as play-free as possible...There are 2 little nylon "collars" near the input jack-like tip...Fiddle with these by twisting them one at a time until you get the TIGHTEST, play-free fit, then mark a line on the collars with a black Sharpie that lines up with the direction the bar points after it makes the 90 degree bend so you can return them to that position if they twist any...The RESULT - the BEST PLAY-FREE fit EVERY TIME you pop the bar in... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The TOTALLY BOMB BAR is the Gotoh unit, as used on the Ernie Ball Musicman Axis and EVH Signature guitars...NO COLLAR OR THREADS...BUT, you have to REMOVE the trem cover, slide the bar in, and attach it from the back with a 3mm hex screw that threads INTO the end of the bar, and then tension is adjusted from the front with a small collar - from SWINGING to TIGHT, but EITHER WAY, there is ZERO PLAY...UNFORTUNATELY, the DOWN SIDE is the bar CAN'T be PULLED to case the guitar {EBMM cases have enough room to close WITH the wiggle stick in place... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] }

By the way, if you care to go the collared bar route, you need to order what AllParts calls the "RT Retro-Trem Arm System for Floyd Rose Tremolo"...That INCLUDES the GOOD Schaller made German hardened tool steel collared arm, the receiver that goes through the base plate, and ALL necessary washers, bolts, etc...

The part # at www.allparts.com IS...

BP-1000-003 in black
        BP-1000-010 in chrome, and
        BP-1000-002 in gold

BUT...I happen to keep IN STOCK ALL 3 finishes, and offer fellow JCFers a 20% COURTESY DISCOUNT on THESE and ALL AllParts stuff [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[ March 10, 2003, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Isn't Doc great? Always there to lend a helping hand! Cheers to Doc!
          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
          X