Will This Fit On My 3DR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will This Fit On My 3DR ?

Hi, could someone tell me if this will work on my 3DR, I want to change to a orig Floyd Rose
    PS, Please don't buy this from under my feat
    Thanks!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384

Re: Will This Fit On My 3DR ?

Almost ANY direct replacement floyd will work w/o problems since your trem isn't recessed. However, you already have black hardware, you might as well stick with it. If you dont want your JT-6 and the other hardware.. I'll buy it off ya. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    (I am serious about that offer too)

Comment

Swing....that is not a Floyd Rose ORiginal...that is a cheap knock off made with cheap ass metal. Stick with Floyd Rose or Schaller
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

is this the right one?
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384

Comment

that still looks like a cheaper imitation. You want one that is made by Schaller, they'll say made in Germany. There's Charvel or Jackson Floyds on ebay that are cheaper than these. The 580lp would fit, but I believe it's MIJ, still a good trem, GODWENTPUNK had one up for sale, a black one. The 590's are schaller, they're a standard floyd style. The real Floyd's just say Floyd Rose stamped on the side and are not licensed by trems, they're the real mc-coy...hence when you see the abbreviation OFR here in the forum, they mean an *original floyd rose* like they had on old Kramers and such.

[ March 09, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Depends what you mean by fits? Yeah the post spacing for the OFR and the JT6 are the same but!!!! The 3DR may not be recessed but it is routed for pull backs. The OFR and Schaller Floyd look out of place on it in my opinion. But it will work.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

yeah, you are right.. I had to take another look at mine. These trems usually sit pretty high from the route,I don't recall how much the neck is shimmed but I'm sure it isn't alot. A 580LP wouldn't be a good match up if you mean to pull up an octive as the plate doesn't fit in the route cavity to well. The 590 looks to be a larger base plate but I think it would be ok. Someday someone need to make a chart with the dimensions of these trems so all you have to do is quick reference the more common ones.

Comment

Working...
              X