Recommend a tech for fretwork.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a tech for fretwork.....

I've got a couple guitars that could use some attention. Specifically, one could use a fret leveling & crowning.

I live in southwestern Indiana (about an hour north of Evansville if anybody knows where that is). Do you know of any reputable techs in the area? I've been less than impressed with the locals I've encountered so far.

I'm even willing to send my guitar(s) off if I have to if somebody is willing to do mailorder tech work. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

P.S. You guys who have found a great local tech.....you are truly blessed! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
      Anyone?
      Scott at VWall guitars. One of our sponsor dealers.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

You might want to stay local. I'm sure every dealer is very responsible but if there's a problem of ANY kind...you crippled by the map. Where do you live?

Comment

I live in southwestern Indiana (about an hour north of Evansville if anybody knows where that is). I've been less than impressed with the locals I've encountered so far.

Comment

Subvamp here on the JCF does some of the best fret / setup work I've ever seen but the climate difference between where he is and where you are might trash the setup by the time it got back to you (same goes for anywhere you'd think about shipping the guitar).
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

You're not terribly far from RS Guitar works in Kentucky. http://www.rsguitarworks.com/
              They're good.

Comment

Unless you're buying a '73 Strat from them anyway.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

RS GuitarWorks is about 4 hours away. That's a little further than I'd like to go, but I'll keep them in mind. I will say...$30 for a fret dressing??!! That's the lowest price I've ever heard of. And $200 for a refret isn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                    Unless you're buying a '73 Strat from them anyway.
                    Yea, Chuckracer could add testimony to that
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                      Yea, Chuckracer could add testimony to that
                      I'm lost. Expand.

Comment

You could always go over to Ohio To see Dan Erlewine or stop buy Stew Mac and get some tools and do them yourself!

Comment

I'm lost. Expand.
                          It's a long story, but basically RS sold a Fender '73 Strat to a forum member through the mail that turned out to be a parts guitar. Apparently the quality was real bad and not the '73 that they claimed it to be. He had a tough time getting his money refunded without the help of some local forum members.

Comment

Working...
                          X