charvel model 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel model 88

i have a charvel model 88 1 humbucker and need a pickup to get a gary moore/george lynch/vivian campbell pre def leppard tone i use a soldano atomic 16 amp thanks

Re: charvel model 88

George lynch plays ESP guitars with his signiture pup's "The Screamin' Deamon" humbucker and "The Li'l Screamin' Deamon" single coil. Gary Moore plays Gibson guitars. Regarding the pickups in Gary's Les Paul guitars. Both of the 1959 Les Paul Standards are fitted with original P.A.F. Gibson humbucking pick up's. Vivian Campbell Plays Gibson guitars now with Def Leppard with P.A.F. pups and 1 guitar has the Tony Iommi signiture P.A.F. Pups. as far as before D.L. he played his signiture Kramer Nightswan but I'm not sure what the pups were.

Comment

Re: charvel model 88

Do you live near a Seymour Duncan dealer? I believe they have an exchange policy should you find a pickup not to your taste so long as you haven't cut the pickup leads(? working from memory here guys!). So you could try them out 'till you find one you like... Maybe!

For those Gary Moore tones then a SD '59 might be a good start, though I prefer them in the neck position personally (I have '59's in my Les Paul and my Yamaha Mike Stern Sig.). Gary Moore's signature Les Paul uses the Gibson Burstbucker pickups, which are available as after market replacements.

However, for the general 80's territory you're talking about I'm really enjoying the SD JD pickup in my Journeyman at present

Cheers - Steve
      Model 3
      Model 5A
      Model 3B
      Journeyman
      Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
      X