No announcement yet.

How to...? Demartini Blood and Skull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to...? Demartini Blood and Skull...

Hello, does anyone have the experience or know how in doing one of these? I just need to know how it was done; paint, thinner, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to...? Demartini Blood and Skull...

Wait a couple more weeks and you will be able to buy a brand new one. The new Charvel Demartinis should be out soon.

Comment

Go to the bottom of this page, and you'll see it being done:

http://www.performanceguitar.com/
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Thanks. I am not looking to buy another one, I was just wanting to paint the one I have. Any ideas. Thanks

Comment

There's a guy on Ebay that advertises those patterns. He's in the Boston area. If I can find the link, I'll post it here. I bought the Kamikazi paint masks and decals from him.
          Pretty good stuff.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The guy on eBay is eacodesigns. I don't know if he has the "Swords" design though.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

He wanted the blood and skulls. Other than the skull, there's not really any design to it.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                He wanted the blood and skulls. Other than the skull, there's not really any design to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's more like a paint "spill" than it is a graphic. That's why each one is a little different.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

...just like every little snowflake........... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

So does anybody know what the best paint would be to do the blood "spill"? I thought maybe someone here had done this graphic. Thanks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So does anybody know what the best paint would be to do the blood "spill"? I thought maybe someone here had done this graphic. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
                      The paint would be the same makeup as the rest of the guitar. (whatever you plan on using). The factories mostly use acrylic urethanes and waterbase (airbrush colors, like Auto Air or Createx) over a urethane or polyester primer, them after the graphic is applied, a urethane clear coat (2 part) is applied to level the surface. The clear coat is then wet sanded and buffed.

Comment

I would think the REAL trick is getting the surface level, after you've dripped the red paint on,and allowed it to cure.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

How much you think one of those Performance models are gonna go for?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I would think the REAL trick is getting the surface level, after you've dripped the red paint on,and allowed it to cure.

[/ QUOTE ] That's what I was thinking too. Getting it smooth with out sanding through would be the real trick.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              The guy on eBay is eacodesigns. I don't know if he has the "Swords" design though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eacodesigns is me. I don't have the swords, but if someone has a good picture of it they can scan and e-mail to me, I'll make them a complete kit for free. I have a mad bomber kit, and I have the skull for the blood and skulls

Comment

Working...
                              X