Charvel 3DR Wammy Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3DR Wammy Trouble

I just took my ax to have it set up, the wammy bar moves around alot in the socket, he said he can maybe trying tighen the nut thingy that holds the assembly tight, but it might be stripped...gay! what can I do? where could I get that thingy thats holds the assembly sturdy in it's socket, the ass who sold it to me never mention that problem, but I suspected it as soon as I noticed the wammy bar wiggled in it's socket..
    Thanks In Advance guys, you have been awesone and it hasn't gone un noticed ! 8-)

Re: Charvel 3DR Wammy Trouble

This is a fairly common problem. You can purchase a new Schaller made trem arm with the srew in collar and have it retrofitted to your JT6 trem's base. Your tech guy should be able to do it for you for sure, or you can give it a try. You need to remove the bushing the arm sits in (probably from behind) so all you are left with is a round hole in the base plate. In this the new screw-in bushing for the new arm fits in. The whole may need to be widened a bit but it can be done. You will love the new arm.

Vic

Comment

An axe with that low of miles.. I would say it isnt stripped...and you check this yourself with a large straight blade screwdriver and a 10mm wrench..if you have any ability to change a lightbulb, you can do this.

Take the bar out of the trem. Put the wrench on the backside of plate onto the nut which hold the sleeve for the bar.. and the screwdriver into the slots on the other side.. tighten. It's that easy, just use caution so you dont ruin that nice finish.. a couple of washcloths would protect it.

[ March 06, 2003, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Hey charvelguy you da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was a little loose and I thought it was supposed to be that way. I tried what you said and it is PERFECT!!! It has always been bugging me now I will be able to sleep again [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks again Bro!!

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ..they used to give you a wrench when you bought a floyd.. I doubt they extend that courtesy anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X